Saturday, June 5, 2010

Paris Day 2

Paris POST 2
Day 2, Friday, I think, I tried to get up early to blog… didn’t happen, I woke up 9:20 and we had to be ready, with breakfast eaten by 10. Good thing I am quick in the morning and a quick eater. Breakfast is provided by the hotel; pastries, hard-boiled eggs, ham/turkey/salami, cheese, orange juice, and Frosted Flakes.

Today was a big shopping day! Very fun, but very tiring. We started out at Le Bon Marche which is an INCREDIBLE department store, comparable to Saks only 1000000 times better! Paris fashion is amazing! My goal is to come to Paris with an empty suitcase and leave with a full one, all full of great clothes!

After we went to a bridal shop, Celestina Agostino! We tried to make an appointment but they only do custom, well they have a collection (which was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!) but she lets the bride mix and match and create an individual dress. This month they had 200 wedding dresses to make, so they were very busy. I would LOVE to have her do mine if I wasn’t already doing my own. The language barrier is very nice because it is never awkward and they can’t tell if we are making up a story or not because if we pause or look confused it is just because we can’t understand. In America they know and are rude! NO ONE has been rude at all, it has been lovely.

We were then suppose to catch up with the group and meet them to go to another store but they left before they said they would so we were completely on our own to find a store, all we had was the subway stop, street name, and store name. The street was FOREVER long but due to our research in NYC I was able to find the store address in my stack of 30 pages of Paris shopping maps. It took a while though. On the way there we passed through the Tuileries where we stopped for some ice cream, I got lemon, and we saw the Louvre. I can’t wait to go inside!

We walked forever in the wrong and right directions and finally found the store, Colette, which we were looking for. We then proceeded to Galeries Lafayette which is like Bloomingdales. It was not very exciting for me because I was so hungry, thirsty (it is impossible to find water here), and my feet were killing me (it is now almost 6). I did try on a couple things but most of it wasn’t really my style and my camera died while at the Tuileries so I couldn’t get any photos.(These are from Heather's camera)

When we got home I was about ready to pass out, so we came to McDonalds to use the internet and ate there, French McDonalds… I know, LAME!!!!!!!!! But it was cheap, easy, and convenient. It tastes the same. BUT they have a pastry bar! We Americans are definitely missing out. Heather and I shared a lemon tart. Yummy! Basically that was the end of my day, I went to bed around 11. The time difference really hit me today. It is amazing though, it stays light until 10:00, you never realize how late it is.

It is beautiful here, it is so clean and it smells wonderful. I’d love to live here but French seems like such a difficult language to learn, I don’t know if I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment