Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Paris Day 5


Paris DAY 5-Monday
We started the day later than usual which was nice in some ways, not in others. We got to sleep in but I had planned on having time to go to the Louvre because we usually have class at 9 and I thought I would have had time, but class was at 11. Therefore, the Louvre, one of the MAIN things I had wanted to do I am not going to be able to do. That means, I MUST COME BACK! I didn’t see the Louvre or the Rodin Museum and I am very sad.
Heather and I had a bridal appointment at 1 with Fanny Liautard. Her stuff wasn’t really my style so Heather tried them on. None were too exciting but it was fun! Honestly I am so glad I am making my dress because I have never in my life found a dress that I was absolutely in love with and would want as my dress. Quite frankly, most dresses aren’t that great at all, which is sad because I LOVE WEDDINGS! And to me as a designer the dress is the most important part. The people here are defiantly nicer and more respectful in stores; I actually don’t fear the department stores here like I do in NYC.
I was told I needed to make a visit to LADUREE, a pastry shop. Delicious. Beautiful. Amazing. I also stopped at a chocolate shop. So much for being thrifty….. sweets and me. I can’t resist. I stopped and ate them by a lovely flower shop.
 Then I visited the Pantheon. It is another AMAZING piece of architecture, it still is so amazing to me that these buildings were built and that they are completely focused on art. They are FILLED with artistic talent. The Crypt was filled with famous people; Hugo, Dumas, Voltaire, etc. Kind of weird walking through boxes with dead people in them…. It was very ‘crypt’ like. Focault’s pendulum which demonstrates the rotation of the earth is very very cool, I watched a little documentary on it and wow, scientist are amazing! Genius discovery.
For dinner my professor took us by the Seine for a picnic. We ate authentic European food and had AMAZING pastries. We got to sample 10 different kinds. They were beautiful and delicious. There were amazing rose gardens lining the cobblestone path, it was such a perfect setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment