Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Milan day 4- VENICE


Sunday June 13, 2010
VENICE for the day!
Venice=my new favorite city of all time. Love. Beauty. Happiness. Breathtaking. Amazing.
About 10 of us in our group (out of 16) went to Venice. We took a 30 Euro, 2.5 hour train ride to the most beautiful city on earth. 

When we got there we pretty much just headed out and got lost in the maze of beautiful buildings. We finally stumbled across a restaurant, gnocchi, for 7 euro. Lovely. I love Italy. It was good, but still Le Zie in NYC still takes the prize for best Italian food. We continued on our journey to the center of the city, St. Mark’s basilica. Honestly the journey was the best part; just walking around with the inspirational, picture perfect colors and buildings was what made Venice so amazing. The atmosphere is just so incredible. 

We all pitched in for a gondola ride, it was so wonderful; very peaceful, gorgeous, inspirational, romantic, and absolutely lovely. Let me tell you, there are some pretty good looking gondola drivers too! Think, Italian Job, handsome Rob, YES! He wasn’t my driver, but I sure saw him and I wished he was mine. My best friend even came along for the ride. Perfect.

We were running short on time and had to run to catch the boat metro ride which lamely cost 6,50, but we made it just in time for the 14 euro train ride back to Milan, which is all we wanted! The train ride was longer but we saved 16 Euros, I am ALL for saving my money. The train ride was nice, breezy, and enjoyable. It ended up being a 4 hour train ride in the end, which wasn’t so great, but it was well worth it. I think today was one of the best days here on this trip. I LOVE VENICE! 
P.S. naturally I got gelato. 1 scoop, 2 cones. Licorice on one, Vanilla with cherries on the other. Both good. I’ll stick to Farr’s black licorice ice cream though this one was a bit more bitter, it had the very distinct after taste. This tasted like legit licorice, Farr’s tastes like licorice caramel. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE VENICE TOO!!!! Looking at your pictures let me re-live my trip. It looks like you are having a wonderful time. I don't know who is logging more travel time and stamps in their passports.... you or Talyn!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete